Friday, March 12, 2010

Coca-Cola Museum, Atlanta, GA

Photobucket

Well hullo there! So this post is only 1 1/2 months late, but I can't forego this experience. So, we went to Atlanta back in early February, and I have always heard that a must-see in Atlanta is the Coca-Cola museum, so we trekked to downtown ATL on a brisk afternoon to check it out. It wasn't mind-blowing, but it was fun, and informative.

They had a lot of fun Coca-Cola memorabilia. My favorites were the 30's and 40's ads, they're just so glamourous and good quality.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We saw a 4-D film here where not only is the screen 3-D, but the chairs move around, water sprays, air brushes past you, etc. It was fun but kind of nauseating. :)

So here are some fun memorablia pics:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This scary polar bear was here, you could get your picture taken w/ him but he looked a bit chester molester to me!

Of course, the highlight of any Coca-Cola museum trip is the taste-testing area, where they have 60 Coke products from around the world. Now, what's funny about this, is that, ever since I was little when my dad came home from a trip from ATL, I thought that Coke tasted different in different countries. Like, I figured it was the way they bottled it or whatever, that each had a local flavor, so I fully expected to go there and find Coca-Cola, written in all different languages, each one with a special flavor. However, what it turned out to be, was just different sodas of all flavours, from bitter lemon, to sangria, to orange or lime soda, etc. So while I was surprised, I wasn't necessarily disappointed. There were some odd flavored drinks, but some of them I wish we had in the U.S.

Photobucket

And of course, the gift shop, which they force you to walk through in order to exit. They have pretty much everything Coca-Cola that you can imagine! But my favorite thing was the polar bear! Much cuter than the mascot one in the museum, haha.

Photobucket

I ended up taking one of these home because they were priced at $14.95, which I thought was perfectly reasonable for these cute bears!

Anyways, the overall experience was positive. It's a fun place to check out, maybe not more than once, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment