Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Usual Belated Update

Ok so. As usual, I have been horrible at updating. Part of the problem is, though we've been to some cool places lately, I sort of have senioritis. Yes, I am kind of tired of living on the road. It's weird because I get a bit exhausted from traveling from place to place, but at the same time, I get so excited when I think about all the places I've been and the overall experience. It has been truly awesome.

Even this past month has been rad. We left Florida a few weeks ago, headed up to Memphis, then to Michigan (Detroit and Grand Rapids), passed through Chicago, chilled (literally and figuratively) in Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Appleton, Eau Claire), and now we are in...

dun dun dun...

North Dakota!! And yes, it does exist! And is way better than I imagined. Well we are in Fargo, ND this weekend. It is obviously the largest city in ND. I went to Target tonight and they still had the ENTIRE Liberty of London collection available (if you're not familiar, it's a designer collection that has sold out online and in stores everywhere...except ND apparently)! I was stoked to get it all!

But I dunno, we'll see how long it lasts, because later this week we travel to Williston, ND, and there seems to be nothing there. I'm told it's an oil town. Yet somehow the HAL reservation center is there. Random? Yes. And all the motels are sold out (yes I said MOTELS, they don't even have so much as a Hampton or Fairfield Inn!). Half of them didn't even have websites. So we are staying a couple hours out of town and will drive early to the show.

Anyways, I have been impressed by this part of the country. Sometimes I forget the North-Mid-West exists. I have no ties to it at all. But first off, Michigan was warmer than Florida! So that was a good surprise. Wisconsin is pretty rural and there are lots of dairy farms. But I didn't get to try any Wisconsin cheese. And probably my favorite host EVER was in Wisconsin. Her name is Janet and she was super nice and just so freaking awesome. And our BDM Linda was so sweet too!

So yea, that's about it. We haven't done anything crazy, haven't done any touristy stuff, so that's why I have no photos. But it's been fun! So I will keep you guys posted as we wrap up our last couple weeks on the road (will be done entirely as of 4/15). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment