Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nashville, TN

Photobucket

Yeehaawww! Ok ok, so it really wasn't that climactic, but Nashville can easily live up to its reputation. Lots of cowboy boots and hats! And lots of country music! In fact, the CMAs were being held while we were there, so we saw the red carpet and a huge group of people, but sadly no celebs.

Anyways, we lucked out because our coach had to get some work done while we were there, so we got to rent a car to drive around, which makes these ventures a little easier.

The first night, we visited the "Grand Ole Opry". To be honest, this was like a "so what" thing, because I have no idea what it is! I mean truly, I'm not a huge country fan, and even though we "saw" this building, I'm like "woopdee doo". Plus we went in the evening when nothing was happening, so maybe it'd make more sense if we'd gone at a different time?
Photobucket
Trent, sad that we arrived too late

Photobucket
GOO, where something historical happened

Photobucket
Yay for togetherness

So luckily, the Opry Mills (outlet mall, woo!) is right next door, so we saw a movie ("Zombieland"), and ate dinner at The Aquarium, which is an "underwater" restaurant, surrounded by fish tanks. It was okay, mostly exciting for the "view" if you will, but, as it turns out, has just average food.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Sorry they're so dark- that's what happens at night, I guess!

The next day, we made a slightly earlier start, and headed down to the Country Music Hall of Fame. 

Photobucket
What?! The windows are made to look like a piano keyboard?! I just realized this now! This is far too much for me to comprehend!

Here, we decided that I was far to disinterested in country music to shell out $20 a head, so we browsed the gift shop and left. I mean honestly, I don't think I would've gained much from that museum, no matter how well it was put together. 

Photobucket
Giddy up and ride pardner!

Photobucket
Like my hat?

Photobucket
Admiring this gorgeous shirt

Photobucket
"But Trent, it's only $99!"

Photobucket
Yes, this is the photo you will see if Trent ever achieves America's Most Wanted status

Photobucket
Yes! on all accounts


Right outside of the museum was where the red carpet was for the CMAs. We poked our head in, but it was still a bit early so no celebs had really shown up yet. Not that I'd really know who they were anyways. :) But there were a lot of fans, and some of them cracked me up, especially the girls, because they were all decked out with their up-dos and evening gowns, as if  Garth Brooks would, by happenstance, notice them as we was walking down the carpet, and sweep them along with him, and they'd be the belle of the ball or something. Ha.

Photobucket
Oooh Ooh Ohh! Who is it? Miley?! Taylor?! The Janitor?!

We also checked out Broadway, which is one of the main, touristy drags there. It's actually quite quaint, and though somewhat modern, still calls back to the good old days of Nashville...

Photobucket
Hurray, Ernest!

Photobucket
Fusion of new and old...yay for being progressive, Nashville!

We ate at a BBQ joint/bar called Rippy's (typical bar food), stepped in to a couple gift shops like the Boot co., where cowboy boots (and nice brands actually!) were buy 1, get 2 free. I tried on a few but I ultimately decided that cowboy boots have no room in my life. Sorry, they just aren't my thing. Maybe a kitschy, trendy and cheap pair will end up on my feet one day, but to pay $200 for a pair was not an interest of mine.

Photobucket
Howdy!

Photobucket
Mm! Gotta get me some of them Nashville souvenirs, like that Pow-Mia skully!

Oh and we also grabbed some ice cream at a little ice cream parlor there on Broadway. I think it was called Mike's. It was tasty. I had a cold, so I know it's supposedly bad to eat dairy products, but it actually made me feel better at that moment.

Photobucket
See? Ice Cream makes Trent feel better too!

So...that's Nashville in very much a nutshell. Fun place, interesting to see how people in other places live, and on to the next place, I guess (which happens to be New Orleans, and I've already been there, so I'll post my report as soon as possible!). 

But wait! There are more photos to be had:

Photobucket
Yay a record. But wait a second...

Photobucket
...and you will find even more records! But step back a few more feet...


Photobucket
...ZOMG!!!! Wow!

Photobucket
Grand Ole Opry area...and yes, I am a professional

Photobucket
I just like these photos

No comments:

Post a Comment